Wednesday, October 21, 2015

More Blue Kitchen Towels

Well thanks for hanging with me through all the vacation photos.  We indeed had a great time, but now it's nice to be back to normal.  I've been busy working on a few things, and have a couple finished projects to share.

First up are a set of towels that I actually finished just days before we left for Europe, but I didn't have the time to blog them.  These were for a very special family member, and were supposed to be for her birthday, but like always I was behind.  So I jumped right on it.

My mother-in-law, who asked me to make these, is the owner of my first set of blue towels.  (By the way, <-- that blog is by far my most popular post to date, it has been averaging 20 views a day!).  She liked the towels so much, that she wanted me to make a set just like them for her sister-in-law.  She did, however, want them a little larger.

I set out with calculations, and once I had that all set, I decided to try new twill weaves with this set. 

They're made from 8/2 unmercerized cotton.  A 4-shaft loom is all you need. 



They turned out great, and best of all: I completed them start to finish in around a week, working about an hour a day. 


The weaves I used: (from left to right, top to bottom) Extended zig zag, S diagonal, Uneven vertical zig zag, and M & W.  They were a lot of fun to weave, seaming went smooth and quick, and they're perfect!

If you'd like to make a set of towels like these, I've enclosed a copy of my instructions, measurements and notes.  When you're done, send me a picture of your creation - I'd love to see it!

PDF Weaving Record Sheet

Click on the link above to download the instructions!

Happy weaving Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I pinned the post so I can find the instructions when I have time to make them--thanks!

    ReplyDelete