Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Topiary Wrap

I bought 7 skeins of Knit Picks Andean Silk a few years ago to make a sweater.  Sometime after I bought it, I decided I didn't care much for making sweaters, so I looked for a new use for the yarn.

Andean Silk is a great yarn: 55% alpaca, 23% silk and 22% merino wool.  It has since been discontinued by Knit Picks, but I do like it.  It's soft, warm, and cushy.  The color I used was "truffle", a deep brown color.

I decided to make Michelle Wang's Topiary with it, and set in. 


This pattern on the left, right, and middle, has a cable that needs to be crossed on every right side row.  I wasn't anticipating how much I would dislike that, but it really was a deflater for me.  I had to force myself to do 14 rows a day, and while I enjoyed the cable pattern panels, I hated those cabled borders. 


 Nevertheless, I finally finished it and it turned out great.


My photographer Elijah helped me with these photos.  Excuse my no-makeupness.  :)

And while I really like the result, I don't see myself using this wrap.  Do you?  If you like it, comment below or on my FB page and I'll send it to you!


1 comment:

  1. I like it! I could wrap this around me on those cold winter days. ;D MDeborah53@aol.com

    ReplyDelete