Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cozy iPad

I have been so excited to start new projects lately.  It's so fun to start anew and see where this particular yarn will take you.  For me, the feel of yarn is therapeutic.  Knitting is a bunch of counting, over and over.  Completing one technique, then another, until the end of a row.  And the sum of all those small movements is a larger look, which so easily can be altered.  I'm pretty sure knitting lowers my blood pressure and takes my mind off whatever is bothering me.  I guess that's why I like to do it.  As it has been said: knitting is cheaper than therapy.  .......usually.

My latest project is this fun iPad Mini/Kindle sleeve.
It is 6.25" x 8.25", so just the right size to fit a Kindle or iPad Mini.  It has the ribbing at the top, to help hold the device inside. 

I also decided to add an access port hole to accommodate the iPad's power plug.  I used a one row buttonhole. 
It was a fast, easy, mindless knit that was great for watching movies with.  The bottom of the sleeve is finished with a kitchener stitch, which is a favorite of mine.  It is almost an invisible seam. 

It is knit out of sock yarn, some I bought a long time ago that has been sitting around.  This seemed like the perfect use for it.  I used about 2/3 of the skein for it, and I have an additional skein so I've already started on another one.  I also think it'd be fun to make it with stripes of different colors, or even use a charted design to put on the front and/or back.  It'd be easy to do.

With so many people carrying these devices, I think it is the perfect thing to protect it in your purse or backpack.  I hear that universities are even having you purchase digital books for your classes, so all you need to carry is a laptop or tablet.  I love my devices, so I approve!! :)
It is now up on my Etsy page, and I'm trying out offering custom colors for this item.  We'll see how it goes!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment