Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hot chocolate and electric blankets

I love the fall.  Well, when I really think about it, I think I love the cool (not cold) temps.  A more temperate climate is probably suited better for me.  But I also love the changing leaves, football, cuddling under blankets, and apple cider.  Of course, knitting is better in the cool months.  I seem to have more motivation. So welcome, Fall!

My little monsters had a good time on Halloween - they're finally getting old enough to "get it".  However, once they successfully obtained candy, they immediately wanted to eat it.  :)  I guess I would too if I were 2 or 3 years old!
Aren't they adorable?

I've finished up the cowl - and it turned out great.  Here I am working a three-needle bind off to finish it out.

I'll get it blocked soon and put up some finished photos. 

My new project is a pretty beaded handbag. I've not worked in beads while knitting before, and it's been fun!  However, getting started by stringing 612 beads onto delicate, single ply wool was not fun. The Mini Mochi yarn is perfect for this pattern, though!  This is colorway 109 - Treasure Chest.  I keep checking these yarns I'm using and they're all discontinued colors.  I guess that's what happens when you have a massive stash and a huge project queue.  *guilty look*  *let's change the subject*
I also have a Facebook Page now!!  Please come by occasionally to see me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment