Saturday, April 26, 2014

Striped Cowl

Oh my goodness.  This has to be one of my favorite things I've made.  And to be honest, I hated the way it was looking as I knit it.  But check this out:
This is my striped Terrain cowl.  I started off with the yarn.  This is Knit Picks Galileo and ever since I saw it in the Knit Picks magazine, I wanted to use it in something.  They combined merino wool and bamboo in a 50/50 mix, and boy does it have a beautiful luster to it.  It's also super soft. 

As you can see from the photo, it's made from alternating colors in stockinette and then reverse stockinette stripes.  While in process, the reverse stockinette stripes curled around, almost hiding the pink color completely, and I was sure aggravated with it.  The pattern seemed to play into this problem, having fewer rows in the pink stripes.  But I plodded along, grumbling quite a bit.
There is serious magic in blocking.  After soaking in wool wash and laid out to dry, everything became behaved, and it looks fabulous!
It is a very long cowl, so will drape nicely around the neck and give a bulky look.  I'm sure it'll be very warm, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment