Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I sure like making baby blankets!

I've really enjoyed making baby blankets - and this latest finished project was no exception.  I was given a huge skein of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton by my Grandma, and it had a neat variegated pattern of baby pastels, so I figured a baby blanket was in order.  I found a simple stitch pattern and set to work.

It was so nice to have one huge skein, since the only tails to weave in were the cast on and cast off edges!  I wish the skein would have been a little bigger, actually, so the blanket could have been a bit longer, but it works nice as is.







The stitch pattern was easy to remember, and knit up quickly.  There were only two rows to this stitch pattern, but it looks like more.
The colors are subtle and delicate, and I think they would work equally well for a boy or girl.  Being cotton, it will be a nice springtime stroller or car seat blanket.  Cotton is always a nice material to work with when it comes to babies, it just gets softer with repeated washings (which we all know will happen when it is around a baby), and it's very durable.  

Teddy bear liked it too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment