Friday, May 2, 2014

Aimee Dew Cowl

More than a year ago, I made a beach pullover with this beautiful yarn: Louisa Harding Yarns Aimee

It is a blend of cotton and cashmere and is SOOOOOooooo soft.  I had 2 skeins leftover from that project, and I found this pattern to try.  This DK weight yarn on size 10 needles resulted in a really loose knit.  I was so happy with the result...until I removed the blocking pins.  This pattern utilized mostly stockinette stitch, and was supposed to be blocked aggressively to open up the eyelets.


Well, when you do that, especially with a yarn that is not firm and has plenty of drape, you get curling.  Nevertheless, I am pleased with the result - mostly because it feels like butter.


This was a quick knit, only took about 4 hours, and I think it'll be a great accessory in the bright blue color.  Reminds me of the beautiful color of the ocean at St. Croix (where I wore the beach pullover I made with the rest of the yarn).  
This cowl makes me think of summer!  Come on warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment