Monday, December 16, 2013

Crofter's Cowl

I had a lot of fun making this pretty cowl:
I used Gudrun Johnson's pattern Crofter's Cowl, which is free on Ravelry.  It is a quick knit, and great for using up small bits of leftover yarn.  This yarn is Knit Picks Shine Worsted in (discontinued) color Bachelor Button.  It is a cotton/modal blend, so very washable.  I like washable.  The cool thing about this yarn is it is so soft, and it has a lovely shine to it, which makes the stitches really stand out.  Looks like leaves, huh?
A cowl is essentially a tube that can be slid over your head to keep your neck warm (one of those things you learn when you become a knitter). 
It has a lot of benefits that I can see: it won't come unwrapped like a scarf, it will be less bulky than other sorts of neck warmers, and it can add a lot style-wise!  Here I snapped a photo pairing the cowl my leather jacket.

It had an interesting construction, you knitted half of it, then knitted an identical place, then grafted the two pieces together end to end.  That made a neat mirrored effect with the pattern stitches. 

I'm so glad I've used more of my stash, and made a pretty accessory in the process!  Yay!  Soon I'll have another cowl to show you...AND I've finished my shawl, which will soon be washed and ends wove in...all ready for its glamor shots.  Keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment