Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lacy Fall Scarf

Sometimes I'll just walk through the yarn store and a certain yarn jumps out at me.  This was the case with this yarn.  Of course, I'm sure thousands of people have had this exact experience with this same yarn, but hey.  What can I say?  These people know how to make good yarn.
It's Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, in colorway Byzantine, which (by the way) is still available.  This beautiful single ply yarn is just a pleasure to work with.  I'll be a Madelinetosh test knitter any day.  The color changes are subtle, but unpredictable, and it doesn't pool into unsightly colors.  One skein made this:

A lovely, long, lacy, lightweight scarf.  I made the scarf quite long (it measures 92"x5") to allow many different tying opportunities.  This stitch pattern was easy to work with and made a delicate leaf-like design.
As I knit it, my mind wandered to my stitch dictionary and all the pretty lacy patterns in there that would work well in a scarf such as this.  I may just have to get another colorway and try another one!
Amazing what you can do with two sticks and some string, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment